Summertime art in the works

It's summertime.

Yay!

Posting about art projects have been a little slow around here but I've got a few projects lined up to do with my kids in the near future. I'll be be sure to post them here on Modern Art 4 Kids soon.

Until then, I thought I'd post the latest artwork created by my son Sol. You know, since this blog is about modern art. And kids. And since Sol is a kid....

You get it, right?


Right.

Just thought I'd preface this post with a picture I took of Sol when he was six years old. We set him up on a wall in our garage with paint and brushes. He ended up sitting there for nearly four hours, painting peacefully on the garage wall.




I should have known then that he had a gift.

This is his latest piece, his third Bob Marley portrait. What can I say? We love us some  roots rock reggae.


Sol painted this piece on wood panel with Nova Color acrylic paint. You can't see from this photo but there is a really cool gold accent around the dreadlocks.

Pretty freakin' sweet. You can read more about Sol's painting here.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment